Kilcoole Primary School’ Parents Association encourages parental involvement in school activities and events, and raises funds for various school projects and resources.
There are monthly meetings, during term time, and all parents or guardians of Kilcoole Primary School’ students are invited to participate.
Meetings take place in Saint Anthony’s Building, generally on Monday evenings at 8.00pm, lasting one hour, with dates and times notified to parents via text message.
The first meeting of the year is on the third Monday in September, and a list of annual activities is published on the school website. The Principal normally attends, to answer any school related queries.
The Parents Association is committed to facilitating communication among parents, the school, the Board of Management, and the broader community, to enhance the school experience for the students, teachers and families, and to further the mission and goals of Kilcoole Primary School.
Our Parents Association is the structure through which parents can work with our school for the best possible education and school environment for our children. It is proven that partnership between the home and school is important, to ensure your child gets the best their education can provide.
The goals of your Parents Association are:
- To further the objectives of the school, through the active involvement of parents
- To provide a forum to inform and consult parents regarding school policy, plans and activities, and to communicate parents' views on issues
- To foster good relationships with parents, the Principal and teachers, and the Board of Management
- To help with the provision of equipment and teaching aids through fund raising
Some Parents Association activities:
- Fundraising: including an annual raffle, penny push, and the production and sale of our school calendar at Christmas time, contributing to the cost of new technology and other school equipment
- Hospitality: catering for our Holy Communion and Graduation celebrations, and a welcome reception for new parents in September
- Fun: Christmas activities including Santa’s Grotto, St Anthony’s Fun-day, sports and entertainment!
Membership Every parent or guardian of a child in Kilcoole Primary School is considered a member of the Parents’ Association, and is encouraged to attend meetings and contribute.
An Annual General Meeting of the Parents Association takes place in October every year, where the roles of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary are filled. These roles are currently held by the following parents;
- Eoin Kelly, Chairman
- John Finnegan, Vice-Chair
- Rowena Coady, Treasurer
- Caroline Hackman, Secretary
Sub-committees are also formed to oversee specific activities.
Parent Power It is important to remember that without Parent Power, a lot of the children’s fun activities would not happen, and we could not fund extras like laptops and i-pads for classrooms. Parents’ contributions on the school operation, and issues affecting the children, are also essential in directing school policy – so, please play your part, and help make our school better for everyone!